Wednesday, November 21, 2012

San Diego in November

Mid November, Jay and I took a short weekend trip to San Diego. It was Point Loma's Homecoming and there was suppose to be an Alumni baseball game.  Jay's friend, Luke, made the trip with us. And Rosie. We got there real late Friday night, but when we showed up on campus Saturday morning, it was sunny & 70 and looked like this:
Untitled 
The weather was perfect. The Alumni game didn't happen because there wasn't enough players. But Jay did get to hit batting practice with some other guys. I think he had fun. And I had fun watching him.
 Untitled 
Looked who showed up! Krispy came by the campus and picked me up! What a friend!
 Untitled 
It was SO good to see her. Get updates on her life. She is doing really good. She is moving along in her Family & Marriage Therapy program and recently moved out into an apartment.
 Untitled 
Here she is in front of her place! It is right in Ocean Beach. You can literally see the ocean from her living room. It is like a dream come true. The apartment is quirky place with lots of character. Just like her.
 Untitled 
While we were together, we went to a farmer's market in Little Italy downtown. I got a Strawberry Basil Lemonade. (Remember to make one of these next summer) We also went to Shades and ate fish tacos. We sat and talked by the ocean for an hour or so. It was a wonderful day. Refreshing. Even though Krispers and I are different, I always feel understood by her. She is a blessing of a friend and I am so happy to know her!
 Untitled 
Sunday morning, I woke before everyone else. (What the what?) So, after I walked to Starbucks and got a coffee, I went back to bed. Rose and I had a mini photoshoot. Love her.
 Untitled 
On top of all of the other rolled tacos we ate that weekend, Jay and I squeezed in a stop at Ortiz's Taco shop and got our favorites. So glad we did.
 Untitled 
That afternoon, we went to Luke's rugby game. Unfortunately, Luke and his girlfriend broke up over the weekend, making the car ride home a little mopey. Every song that came on the radio, Luke would say, "This song reminds me of her." Oh Brother. Jay and I kinda laugh about it now. Needless to say, we turned the radio off and rode home in silence. Not our best drive home. Next time will be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment