Sunday, April 21, 2013

Me turning 25.

For my 25th birthday, I told Jayson 'No surprises.' I just wanted to be in on the loop. He, however, had other plans. Without telling me, he reserved a room at the SeaCrest Hotel in Pismo. He didn't let me know what we were doing until the week before our trip.
 img_0743
I made Jayson take these awkward pictures before we left. Jayson looks pretty good.
 img_0744
My pre-trip picture is quite a bit more awkward. This photo is keeping me in check. No big head here.
 Untitled
When we made it there, we checked into our room. And then headed over to Avila. You know, the Friday night street fair. Before we ate, we did a wine tasting at Morovino. And we even bought a bottle of wine. Fancy-Pants.
 Untitled
I got the veggie crape for dinner and Jay had the taco salad. After dinner, we walked down the pier. And it was so warm. Even out over the water, we were toasty. Loved all the sun. We checked out some of the local shops and briefly lost our bottle of wine. But we got it back, don't worry.
 img_0752
Day two, we started out with breakfast and Starbucks. Obviously, that IS the best way to start a Saturday. Then we hit up the Pismo outlets. And I finally found them. By them, I mean my beloved clogs. 
 clogs
Remember my old clogs, the ones that my mom and dad picked up from Bass when I was in the sixth grade. Well, they were my most favorite. And then a dog chewed them up. It was a horrible day. And for a whole year, I had to live without my clogs. But now, the Bass Outlet came through once again. I got them on sale. And they are oh, so comfortable.
 img_0761
After shopping, down to the beach we went. We laid out for about an hour. I read; Jayson napped.
 img_0762
We got lunch at Hoagie's. And then we walked back to the hotel and laid out by the pool for the rest of the afternoon. It was totally lovely.
 img_0767 img_0780
We went to Ventana Grill for dinner. It was an absolutely perfect day. Beautiful weather, beautiful company, so relaxing, and I had the best Margarita of my life. No joke.
 Untitled Untitled
The view from Ventana is unreal. It is literally over the ocean. And my enchiladas were unreal too. 
 Untitled
Day three, and it was still unbelievable weather. Unfortunately, we had to get back to reality. But we did leave feeling really rested and with some great memories. Thanks Jay, for the birthday planning and for making life's events special.

No comments:

Post a Comment